Fact Finding — In Person Appointments
Gather pertinent information
During the in-person appointment, you are going to gather as much information as possible to help you get closer to a sale when you do the final presentation.
You will need to follow the pre-call planning steps again to be prepared for the appointment
- Based on your initial conversation with the customer, make some estimated guesses around their needs and how you will provide a solution
- Build off your initial conversation during this meeting – remind them what you said on the initial phone call to secure the appointment
- Thank them for their time
- Set the Agenda and ask if you can take notes during the meeting
- Have your laptop ready to show the prospect the demo websites and to reaffirm these value points for the customer:
- SmartBuy|TK web stores are efficient and easy-to-use
- Customized for your business needs
- Prices are preset
- Employees only see their approved apparel
- Complete control over the ordering process
- Dedicated customer service team to help you use effectively
- Relieves the frustration they have with their uniform program
Performing a needs analysis
Find out as much information as possible. Have the Needs Analysis for EAP available as a reference during the meeting.
- What is the golden nugget of pain?
- What questions are you going to ask?
- Do you have branded apparel?
- What departments wear branded apparel?
- Are your employees mandated to wear branded apparel to work?
- Do you have a budget for branded apparel? Is that budget annual, bi-annual, other?
- How do you purchase uniforms for employees today?
- Identify the following:
- Business objectives - growth of company, advertising, lowering employee turnover, adding employee benefit, brand identity
- Buying motives - image, security, competitive advantage
- Key decision maker - their process and who is responsible for signing the agreement
- Find out who pays for the program - employee/company or a split pay program
- Identify what their current program looks like or what they are doing today (how it works, what garments employees wear, pricing details, frequency of purchases)
- Get samples if you can and if applicable